Welcome! I’m Mary Helen, a daring adventurer, who would love to be your personal life coach sharing your journey through midlife.
My adventures have led me to meeting you today. Each of my decades has been filled with careers of purpose; librarianship, sales and teaching. I have loved and divorced, I have loved again. I have witnessed two sons grow to become incredible young men who still give me hugs. I have felt the pain of losing parents. I have left jobs. I have jumped when there were no safety nets. I’d love to hear the story of your life.
Each page in the chapters of my decades has challenged me to grow and learn. I have used tools to strategize and create a life that has allowed me to know “I am not done yet!” Life’s STILL a daring adventure. I hope you’ll join me on my continuing journey, and that I can be an important part of yours.
Speaking of pages, I’m the author of the Itty Bitty Retirement Book: 15 Essential Tips for the Nearly and Newly Retired (2017).
I’m a believer
- I believe I’m really good at creating safe learning environments.
- I believe that folks at all stages of their lives believe that they can do something more.
- I believe that no matter how many candles are on your cake, there is still a flame in your heart.
- I believe I still have something to add to the world that can make a difference.
- I believe in the power of people together.
- I believe that the world can be a better place for everyone.
- I believe that no matter where you are, what you’ve done, or what you’ve believed about yourself, you can change.
- I believe that being happy with the life we create is not about money.
- I believe that every single day, we have a choice to change our life.
- I believe life IS a daring adventure.
- I believe that choice is the beauty of each sunrise, each moment in our life.
- I believe I can make my life new again.
- I believe that if we look at our “I believes,” we can change our lives.
- I believe in love.
- I believe that I believe.